[mythtv] Re:DVB alpha-0.4

Kenneth Aafloy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Thu Sep 4 00:58:35 EDT 2003

MessageIan J. White wrote:

> Here's my progress with your patch after your help with he last set of errors...
> 1. Yes I did have two DVB-T cards I'd taken one out and
> just fudged the table entry to hide it.

Don't think you had to disable it, only change the videodevice
from 0 to 1 on the second card, because it tried to open your
first card twice (DVB#<cardnum>:<msg>).

> 2. Viewing now works fine except for the following errors:
> - Changing channel when the signal changes causes a crash. e.g. when
> I change from QAM16 to QAM64 (they also have different FEC settings)

Can you build with debugging and do a backtrace on the backend?

> - Recording of channels is also effected (by the above I think).
> When it finished recording (and you are time shifting) it causes
> the backend to segfault, the front end then gets a
> "invalid file descriptor" but continues to play the file
> (myth locks up though).

Same here (You did apply the dvbci.diff?).

> - DVB-T stuff stills goes out of sync, would upgrading FFMPEG
> (libav* stuff) help as the recent version has MPEG1/2 audio
> sync fixes. I tried to integrate it into myth but it seems
> to no longer support MPEG2 decoding only MPEG2_XVMC what ever
> that is? I tried to hack about with it but no joy.

I do not think that would help, because the sync code is in myth.

Kenneth