[mythtv] DVB alpha-0.4

Kenneth Aafloy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Wed Sep 3 21:32:43 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:

> I don't know, that's why I asked.
> Are all recordings on the same thread? If so, there could be another

Recording runs in it's own thread, IIRC.
Besides, with the DVB driver on my card, the block is less than 100ms.
And goes 1 round in the tuning process, then exits.
When there is poorly tuned drivers, such as dvb-kernel,
it will make more round trips.

> >[ts_to_ps] the code would have been bloated with comments.
> Comments are not bloat! This is one typical example of a very important
> comment. Put my comment back in.

Most comments are bloat, and he gets credits at the top and in the
relevant files that he has written.
Also I'm only using the interface he has written,
and put this code in once I got to understand what it was for.

> >[pid find] Then they should read up on map, like I had to do.
> Only after I told you. See above. It's bad enough that your code has no
> comments. But you really shouldn't *remove* comments *I* added.

I started reading stl before you told me to.
And this is clear code as long as you understand stl.

> >Argument type is a enum....
> enum is convertable to int, IIRC. If not, I think you can use a cast.

What's the point of displaying 1 (pid) 2 (pid) 3 (pid)...
the point was to show the user which type was set,
where with your suggestion, the user has to read the
source to get it...

Kenneth