[mythtv] Re:Transcoding pvr-250 files

Tobias Blomberg blomman at ludd.luth.se
Tue Sep 2 10:44:30 EDT 2003

Geoff,

I just tested to transcode some recorded material using CVS from Aug 30. The
original was sampled with a PVR-250 at 2.5/4.0 Mbit. The movie was about 2h
30min long including commercials. I transcoded it into MPEG-4 at 900kbit
removing the commercials. It took 20 hours on my PII 300 :-)  Quality of
audio/video was as expected.

To start with, the MPEG-2 file was about 3G (3521574848) and after transcoding
it is about 800M (881292070). Great! Everything seem to work just fine.

The only issue is that the total time has been cut in half (about 1h) and the
playback time is increased 1 second every 2 seconds. I timed it and after two
real minutes the timer said exactly one minute.

I hope this can help you find the transcoding bug. If it's worthless info for
you, just /dev/null it ;-)

Best regards,
Tobias