[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] Re: MythVideo error

Andrew Peabody mythtvfan at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:39:10 EDT 2003

Dick,

IMDB changed the url's slightly.  I don't have them in front of me, but if I
recall:

Instead of /Title?{movienum} it is now /title/tt{movienum}

For posters it is now /title/tt{movienum}/posters

However, that change is easy and will only take a few seconds, the real
issue issue is their new page checks for a http User-Agent.  IMDB does not
recognize the one from MythVideo, it shows up as part of the URL instead of
being sent as part of the header (just as guess, but that is what it looks
like from the debug message at the bottom of the error page).  Either way
IMDB does not see the User-Agent string and thinks MythVideo is an anonymous
http client which they do not allow.

I'm not too familiar with Qt, hopefully someone knows more about Qt knows
more about how to send a User-Agent/Browser String successfully.  I think
Qhttp might be able to let the header be custom set, but I can't get it to
work.

Hope this helps someone,

Later,

Andrewp