[mythtv] Bug with similar shows back to back

Eric Thelin eric at generation-i.com
Thu Oct 30 15:49:56 EST 2003

Yes, the description is the same also.  I understand the issue of seeing
them as duplicates and so not recording them.  This is the second issue
and the one that I see as a design issue because it is working as
designed even if the effects are unfortunate in this case.  The issue
that I really see as a bug is that the two episodes aren't both shown on
the conflict screen.

As to the design issue of recording duplicates.  What I think would be
the best solution would be to create exception rules to go along with
the main record table that specifies to record or not record an
individual episode and without changing the settings for the show itself.

I would also like to see another record option that would be something
like "Record once" that would be like "Record only this onece" except
automaticly reschedules itself in the case of a conflict.  Because of
the code to stop duplicate recordings this would end up just like record
anytime set to not allow duplicates except it would only show up in
conflict resolution once unless that once will not be recorded.  (Minor
issue I know but while I am thinking about it...)