[mythtv] More nforce questions

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Thu Oct 30 11:58:05 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, James Y Knight wrote:

> I believe you ought to use the 'plug' device, or as a syntactic
> shortcut, the 'plughw' device. Those proxy through the audio, doing
> rate/format/etc conversions on the fly if necessary. As in device
> "ALSA:plughw:0,1".

I just tried that (setting AudioOutputDevice to plughw:0,1) and it doesn't
help. The audio is playing right pitch-wise (no chipmunking) but the
playback is still very choppy, and I get the same errors on the console.

I've also tried (as suggested here) a device that forces resampling at
48000, again with the same Myth effects.

I think I'll poke around the mplayer source and see what the resampling
options do, and compare that with Myth.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____