[mythtv] conflict resolution

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Wed Oct 29 22:26:51 EST 2003

I'm moving this thread over to the dev list because it seems appropriate.

James L. Paul wrote:

> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 29 October 2003 04:32 pm, James L. Paul wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry for responding to my own post, but I just realized the solution is
>>> much simpler than any of this:
>>>
>>> Just allow _any_ program to be disabled from the conflict screen, not
>>> just programs in conflict.
>>>
>>> Currently, you only get the option to deactivate a show if it's in
>>> conflict. If this were changed so that you got a choice something like
>>> "this program is not in conflict on this tuner, do you wish to
>>> deactivate it anyway?" then other programs in conflict would resolve due
>>> to another tuner being made available.
>>>
>>> So simple.
>>

>> I'll be looking for a patch in my inbox soon, then.
>

> I'd be happy to take a crack at it, if it's not duplicating anybody
> else's effort. :) Or are you implying it's not as simple as I suspect? ;)

I have added a function that allows the user to choose to suppress a
recording that's not in conflict, but I'm unsure which is the best way
to actually prevent the recording.

Since I don't have a conflict list, I assume the conflict tables are not
useful. Or are they?

Since the only mechanism I've found that corresponds to a "suppress"
ability is the oldrecorded table, I tried inserting the program info
into oldrecorded. The table contents look good, but the program is not
suppressed. I call ScheduledRecording::signalChange(db) but the program
is still enabled for recording.

Having the ProgramInfo record, what's a good simple way to cause a
specific program to be suppressed?

James