[mythtv] New profile group bugs

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Oct 26 18:50:35 EST 2003

I'll look into this.  I don't think it'll be hard to
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:20:31 -0800, "Bruce Markey bjm-at-lvcm.com
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <2obvhk58d70t at sneakemail.com> said:
> I think there are two bugs here. First, if the list of profiles
> should be presented immediately after a new profile group is
> created, the group name and profile names need to be set properly.
> However, I believe that clicking "Finish" from the group creation
> page should go back up to the list of groups then the user should
> select the newly created group name to edit the profiles.
If the new group is created successfuly, we should go directly to the
profile-editor window, otherwise, we'll return to the profile-group
window.  I just tried this on my box, and it behaves correctly (I create
a profile called 'test', and it shows me the 4 profiles (Default,
LowQ,HighQ,TV).  The profile-group name 'test' shows up correctly at the
top of my screen.

> Second, the group creation page should not appear when selecting
> a custom group. It should go to the list of profiles just like the
> pre-defined profile group names.
Nope, this is intentional.  Custom groups can be modified to belong to
different hosts.  It is just a click-through.  On my system, clicking
'test(hostname)' shows 'test' in the 'Profile Group Name' field.  Hitting
enter again brings up the profile list (again, wuth 'test' as the name at
the top of the screen).

There are two poossibilities here:
1) I am not running the latest CVS code, so perhaps someone mucked with
something that inadvertantly screwed up the profile groups

2) Something in your setup is hosed.

I can test (1) by updating and rebuilding.  If I still can't reproduce
it, then I'd need to see what is in your DB for the profiles and
profile-groups.  If I can reproduce, I'll fix it and send a patch.

Okay, I just updated my CVS, and I can't reproduce any of the issues you
are seeing with the latest CVS.  can you send the contents of
recordingprofiles, profilegroups , and capturecard

.Geoff