[mythtv] Some suggestions...

Desmond Rivet desmond_rivet at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:48:19 EST 2003

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been addressed before...

I have a few minor suggestions for the MythTV GUI. I realize that I'm
getting this software for free and I don't want to give the impression that
I'm complaining :) For the most part, I love MythTV, but there are a couple
of annoyances. This is with the default theme on a 27 inch TV.

1. I can barely see if a checkbox is "checked" or not.

2. The setup menus are rather deeply nested. Would it be possible to include
titles telling me what setup screen I'm on?

3. I can barely see when a particular part of the GUI (text field, checkbox,
etc) is highlighted. Would it be possible to make highlighted GUI elements
more visible?

4. When I re-enter a setup screen I often notice with some screens that the
settings I just chose, say  a few minutes ago, are reset to some default
values, as opposed to being set with the values I just entered. I'll have
specific examples shortly. Wouldn't it be better to populate the GUI with
the actual current values?

5. Is there a way to do a simple thing like see what shows the mythbackend
is set to tape for the week? To see what my current recording rules are?

Thanks for your time. Take these suggestions for what they're worth :)

Desmond