[mythtv] Myth/PVR350 Framebuffer Bug

Brett Lucey brett at happykoala.com
Thu Oct 23 03:01:18 EDT 2003

Normally, I run my Myth box headless, and allow the PVR350 to be the sole (/dev/fb0) framebuffer in the system.  However, I do periodically run it dual-headed with a flat panel being /dev/fb0 and the PVR350 being /dev/fb1.  In this course of doing this, I've noticed a bug that is either in Myth or in IVTV.

In libs/libmythtv/videoout_ivtv.cpp, around line 153, an ioctl() call is made to ivtv with IVTV_IOC_GET_FB.  Note that fbno is initialize to zero just above this.  When my system has the PVR350 as the sole fb, then fbno remains zero (after the ioctl() call) which is appropriate.  However, when it is the secondary fb, it should be 1, yet I still get zero.  I found this interesting, so I changed the initialization to "int fbno = -1;" and found that the value didn't change.  With the PVR350 as secondary, the ioctl() left fbno untouched and it was still -1.

Odd.

-Brett