[mythtv] Question about aspect ratio (rtfileheader)

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Oct 18 18:29:37 EDT 2003

> > The reason i'm wondering is because i'm trying to fix the
> aspect ratio
> > problems in the windows filters i did.
> > If the aspect member is filled with something usable I coud
> use that,
> but
> > if
> > not I'll have to make it a configuration option or hardcode
> it to 4:3.
>
> What about use it if it exists, if not fall back to whatever a
> configuration option has it set to and have that configuration option
> defaulted to 4:3 :)

The problem is that it always exists, but so far I have only seen it being
set to 1.0.
Maybe this field is ignored completely by mythtv.

> Thanks for the great work on the filter, I find that it has worked
> perfectly first go (with ddshow installed too; the order of
> installation
> doesn't seem to affect things btw, on one machine I forgot to install
> ddshow before trying to play a nuv.) for mpeg4 recordings on three
> separate windows XP machines.

Winxp shoud work fine, there is a problem with win9x/me and rtjpeg because
the rtjpeg filter only supports YV12 and YV12 seems not to work on winme
atleast.

The install order shoud not mater at all.