[mythtv] Patch: (was: How do I use an "&" in ui.xml?)

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Fri Oct 17 23:59:05 EDT 2003

> > Any suggestions?
>
> What is the category called in the database (do a "select category
> from programinfo")?  It may be & in the database, in which case
> you probably need & in the XML to match that.

As I say it's just like: "News & Weather".  I am changing the grabber at the
moment, so perhaps I will change it to & if this really is the right
thing to do, but I'm not sure at the moment

Anyway, *patch attached* to finish off the tv_grab_uk_rt integration.  I
have commented out the two lines with "&" characters in, but left them there
to remind me that they still need fixing.  Comments on the best way to
tackle this appreciated, but please read the prev thread first.  I'm hoping
to submit a few changes on the xmltv so if it's easier to fix it there, then
this is also a possibility.

Can I just highlight one feature of the patch that I'm unsure about.  Where
mythfilldatabase code is looking for category info of the form "movie", it
appears to only do this at the moment if this is the *second* category tag
for this program.  I'm not quite sure why this is and it is possibly
leveraging something specific to the tv_grab_na grabber perhaps?

Anyway, I have taken out the "else" so that it runs for all category tags.
Intuitively this seems unlikely to cause a problem...?  If this isn't a
problem then I can rework that so it does one thing for "_na" and something
different for everyone else (Please feel free to set me straight on the
purpose of this bit of code!)

Thanks

Ed W