[mythtv] Request - disable screensaver

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Fri Oct 17 15:49:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

{stuff clipped}

> The real solution is to build screensaver calls directly into Myth.  Shouldn't
> be that hard.
>
> -JAC

Perhaps an option to do one of the following (in MythTV):

1.  Switch to live TV (ala TiVo)
2.  Switch to MythWeather
    - This one is nice, constantly changes pages, not much in the way
      of system resources being used.
    - I plan to do this one myself.
3.  Switch to MythMusic
    - Since I've never used MythMusic so I don't know what kinds of
      screen changes happen during a random playback.
4.  Of course build an entirely separate MythModule to handle screen
    saving.
    - Perhaps something that plays clips from the recorded shows?

In any case, sounds like more fun features for MythTV.

~cj