[mythtv] Request - disable screensaver

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 17 11:15:18 EDT 2003

From: Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:17:22 -0700
> I've taken to watching some recorded shows right on my workstation, and
> it gets rather annoying when xscreensaver kicks in.

Not only does this make sense for a workstation, but also for TVs that
can suffer burn in.

> Though it'd be nice
> to have it run if left in a menu type mode, it should probably be
> disabled while watching recordings or live tv.

It should be as simple as running `xset s on` or `xset s off` at the
right times.  I suspect the right times are right before playing
video, run `xset s off` and right after playing run `xset s on`.

If I could find the time, I bet I could code that in....

Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"A committee is a cul de sac to which ideas are lured and then quietly
strangled.".   John A. Lincoln