[mythtv] MythTV: Windows frontend

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 00:04:55 EDT 2003

Tim Harvey wrote:

> I can't seem to get these filters working either.  I've installed it
> twice (installed both filters and shell extension) and neither work for
> me.
>
> I'm trying this on WinXP Pro.  The shell extension gets installed but
> the 'MythTV File Info' tab shows 'This file is not a valid MythTV nuv
> file' for a file that was recorded using Myth 0.11 using a PVR250.
> Trying to play the file with MediaPlayer or ZoomPlayer tells me it's an
> unrecognized format.
>
> I've also installed ffdshow and saw no difference in behavior.  I have
> both DivX and XVid installed.  If I simply rename the nuv file to mpg it
> plays just fine in both players.  Did I do something wrong here?

If your recordings were made with a PVR-250, you don't need this filter.
  It won't work.  The files are not really (Myth)NuppelVideo files;
they're standard MPEG-2 files, which is why renaming them to .mpg works.
  If you can find a way for your player to associate the '.nuv'
extension with MPEG-2, then you shouldn't even have to rename them.

-JAC