[mythtv] MythTV: Windows frontend

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 12:03:38 EDT 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 02:54 pm, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> What video codec is the files encoded with? Rtjpeg or mpeg4?
> If it's mpeg4 have you installed ffdshow or divx?

RTjpeg

> The installer don't associate .nuv with any application since I don't know
> what player you want to use, but that shoudn't prevent you from opening .nuv
> files in almost any media player app.
> The installer only adds the nessesary registry entries to make the filters
> and shell extensions work.
>
> About the file associations, there is a minor problem on winme that makes
> the propertypage disapear if you change the file association.
>
> Wich version of windows are you using?

Windows 98 SE

Could it be a problem if I installed the base components but not the Explorer
shell extension?  I uninstalled after my first install, because it seemed
like the shell extension was causing Explorer to crash.  If I get the DS
filter working, I'll try re-installing the Explorer shell extension to verify
if that is indeed the case.

-JAC