[mythtv] Change windowname?

Chris mythtvdev.x.kyanos at spamgourmet.org
Fri Oct 10 20:49:32 EDT 2003

 Hey everyone... I'm a recent new user, so let me thank everyone for
working on mythtv, it's a very cool project!

 I have a PVR-250 card, and I'm using the remote that came with it.  So
I have to be a little careful how I assign the buttons so that they make
sense in all contexts.  I've seen some suggestions on how to get around
the fewer-buttons problem (like making [ and ] navigate the menus), but
how about if mythfrontend changes its window name depending on what it
does?  irxevent can send keypresses directly to a named window instead
of just CurrentWindow, and it supports multiple definitions in one file,
so I could have a definition of "VOL+ = Right-arrow" for "mythfrontend
- menu" and another definition of "VOL+ = ]" for "mythfrontend -
 WatchingLiveTV".  As long as only one definition is matched, it should
all work out (one could even have controls for snes9x, xine/mplayer,
etc. in the same file).  A tinkerer can specify things exactly if they
so choose, and yet anyone who's using CurrentWindow or sending
keystrokes to "mythfrontend" should be unaffected.

 I know there's some code somewhere to do the state changes, because
I've seen the output (in error logs or console, sorry, don't remember),
so this new change would just have to be added there.  I don't know X or
Qt programming so I don't know how big a deal that would be to add.  I'm
willing to try coding it myself if I can get some pointers on some X/Qt
references and where in the mythtv code to look (I do know C++).

--
Chris Witham <mythtvdev.x.kyanos at spamgourmet.org>
Computer Engineer and Geek