[mythtv] MythPopupBox losing focus

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Tue Oct 7 16:50:46 EDT 2003

Just to re-iterate part of the reply I sent to this question earlier
when he first sent this message to me personally:

"I know the problem you are talking about and I have experienced this
behaviour myself. I saw some code somewhere that fixed it by grabbing
the keyboard input exclusively for itself, but I have no idea if that
will work in your situation. The problem is that although I made some
changes to the MythPopupBox (like adding the addLabel() and addButton()
functions) the original code is not mine and I still don't know enough
about MythTV yet to know why the MythPopupBox does this is some
situations and works okay in others."

And to add a little bit more info: I encountered the same problem in
some screens when I tried to implement menus for all possible actions in
all the screens. I know that the code in Myth2ButtonPopup for example
just grabs the keyboard for itself and does its own focus handling to
prevent this problem from occurring.

I did look into it for a while, but I have no idea why this happens (I
hardly know anything about Qt).

Cheers,
 -Tako