[mythtv] Splicing part of one recording into another

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Oct 6 18:24:52 EDT 2003

> First if all, can anyone suggest a linux tool I could use to do this
> splicing manually after exporting to mpeg?  The only programs I can find
> that do this type of editing seem to work only with DV streams.

as far as I know, mpgtx is the only thing that (I know of that) can do
it, and it does it VERY BADLY with mpeg2 streams (works great with
mpeg1).

> Secondly, is there some way this could be integrated into MythTV.

I asked about this awhile back, and to the best of my knowledge it's on
the todo list (or better yet, you'd get the overlap from both shows
tacked onto the beginning/end of the appropriate recording), but not any
time soon.

-Chris