[mythtv] editing frame-by-frame weird in recent cvs

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Sun Oct 5 10:11:47 EDT 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:27:14 -0700 spake Chris of:

> cvs from 2003.09.28...    When editing out commercials, the "1 frame"
> setting is occasionally wacky..   I'll back up one frame, and then go
> forward one frame, but it actually skips forward .5 to 1 second.  and
> occasionally moving forward/backward with small increments like
> frame/second doesn't work right - going forward and then backing up
> results in a different frame.  The first one is obviously more annoying,
> since it's making it VERY hard to isolate a cut point at a specific
> frame.

I have noticed this as well. I thought maybe it was something weird with my
LIRC configuration, which I just set up recently. But maybe it isn't.

I also find that fastforward/rewind will sometimes suddenly stop working while
watching recordings. The OSD shows that I'm going at, say, 10x, the sound is
cut off like I'm fast forwarding, but the video is playing at normal speed. If
I leave the recording and come back, that will sometimes correct the problem.

aaron