[mythtv] Patch for 4:3 zoom on 16:9 broadcasts of 4:3

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Sat Oct 4 20:00:03 EDT 2003

This patch provides an extra zoom mode to take the centre 4:3 section out of
a 16:9. It's against CVS of about Monday. Hope I've done it right Isaac.

Used on 16:9 broadcasts when they are only broadcasting a 4:3 source and are
being displayed on a 4:3 TV. i.e. black bars all around the picture.

One problem is that the zoom causes part of the OSD to fall off the screen.
Is there some way to scale the OSD back such that it remains independent of
the zoom? I had a look at the OSD code but couldn't see an easy way.

Still uses the W key - it just has 3 modes and cycles through 1 at a time
now.

CH