[mythtv] Error in Visor Theme

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Oct 3 12:57:22 EDT 2003

Am Fr, 2003-10-03 um 08.42 schrieb Joshua Bernstein:

> mythtv at sideglow:~$ mythfrontend -v 4
> Unknown argument for -v/--verbose: 4
> 2003-10-02 20:22:17 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
> Error parsing: /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/visor/ui.xml
> at line: 601  column: 17
> tag mismatch

Had the same problem here,

seems to me, that the xml-parser has problems with special characters,
so it misses some tags.

My solution was to delete the translations (for localization) above the
indicated line. Works for me.

I don't know what is the exact problem, maybe escaping some of the
special characters (especially spanish, french accents or german umlauts
seem good candidates for me).

It may well be a locale problem, since I run C-locale on all systems.
But I'm not at all an xml-wizard, so may be well wrong. But it is a
quick'n'dirty workaround.

Torsten