[mythtv] Backend crashes when trying to display faulty .nuv (MPEG)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Oct 2 12:37:14 EDT 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 11:01 am, Quintesse wrote:
> Isaac: do you think this is a bug in the MythTV code using the VIA HW
> decoder or is it in the VIA code itself? If the latter do you think it's
> possible to just catch an error like this? Unfortunately I don't know
> anything about signal handling in Linux. (but willing to learn if you
> tell me that catching the signal is the way to go here :-).

Well, can't really tell without having a backtrace of it in libddmpeg -- could
you try with the decompiled library source ( http://www.ivor.it/cle266/ ) ?
Should be possible to compile that in debug mode so we can see what's
actually killing things.  Could be a bug in the library, could be I'm sending
in bad data.  If you can easily reproduce it, though, that helps. =)

Isaac