[mythtv] MythMusic maintainer?

Thu Oct 2 10:36:38 EDT 2003

> you get a delay.  I'm talking in the vicinity of 10-20 seconds for my
> playlist of over 4000 songs, which is not too bad, but we can do better I'm
> sure.

Hmm, that 200-400 inserts per second... That seems pretty slow to me.  I would suggest that there are other problems afoot here as well?

What happens if you tweak the code to NOT actually insert items into the tree control at all, this would then measure all the loading time from the DB, etc.  Just to be sure that there isn't a significant delay somewhere else