[mythtv] Importing from one MythTV Setup to another

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Nov 29 06:12:56 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 09:31, weaselgod wrote:
> I have 2 myth tv setups.  They are identical in many ways except for 1
> major 1.  That is, the one machine has been up and recording for a
> month.  The other, is working as of 15 minutes ago.
>
> I want to take everything that is recorded on the one machine and
> copy/move it to the other.
>
> Now, I know about the frontend/backend configs and advanced configs with
> multiple recorders and stuff, but I can't do that.  The older machine
> will be going to another house and the newer one staying with me.  So,
> anyone know how to do this?  Is it as simple as dumping some tables from
> the one to the other and coping the nuv files to the other machine into
> the recording directory?

Yes,

populate the database with channel and program information as usual.
What's missing now are the old recordings.

You can copy them with nuvexport. (Google for it, it's not included in
MythTV).

NFS mount a directory of one machine to the other.

Run nuvexport on the old machine, choose the recording the export
(series and episode). Option 2 (2. Extract .nuv and .sql) will extract
the sql information.

Unfortunately it will also delete them from the old machines database,
so you'll have to import them into both databases again.

cp XXXX.nuv MYTHDIR/
mysql < XXXXX.sql

Torsten