[mythtv] Revamping the plugin system.

MaxPower maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Fri Nov 28 04:51:20 EST 2003

thor wrote:

>On Thursday 27 November 2003 20:00, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>> I'll start working on the MediaHandler
>>stuff as an optional extension to the existing plguins.
>>

>	I'm looking forward to that code, as it's exactly what I need for
>dynamic build up and tear down of metadata collections in the mfd. :-)
>
>- thor

thor
    Can you explain what do you think when you write "I need for dynamic
build up and tear down of metadata collections in the mfd"
    I talk about mfd, i would like modify mfd to allow it to store jobs
in table mysql. then when i halt my mythbox,  when i restart my mythbox,
mfd can continue where it stops.
    for example, when i ripp a dvd in tho pass :
        1 ripp dvd => I can't halt my systeme
        2 encoding first pass => I can halt my mythbox. when restart
continue to the begining of the task.
        3 encoding second pass => I can halt my mythbox. when restart
continue to the begining of the task.
        4 delete temporary file => I can halt my mythbox. when restart
continue to the begining of the task.
    We can create an new function for plugin CanHalt which return true
when it can halt, false otherwise
     And an other function needStart which return the time when it
should be start (tv record for example). return null if  don't need to
start.
    This function can be use to tell the bios when the mythbox should start.

thx to read me.

xavier