[mythtv] streaming in mythmusic

Steven Cruysberghs steven.cruysberghs at tiscali.be
Wed Nov 26 15:11:49 EST 2003

I was looking for a simple way to listen to my music at the office.
Since I have a DSL line with limited upload I have to downsample my
(mostly) hi qual. mp3's. I found the mp3sds project on Freshmeat and
that does exactly that. It's a PHP script that calls lame to do the
resampling. I integrated the script with the music portion of Mythweb
since I like the interface very much.

If anyone else want to give it a try :

Add the mp3_downsample.php to your mythweb folder.
Replace /mythweb/mythmusic.php (7k)and
/mythweb/themes/Default/mythmusic.php (9k) files.

To use it you have to drag the link to the winamp or xmms playlist (or
choose open location and copy paste the link)

If more people are interested I could add things like a drop down box
for bitrate settings and so on...

Of course with the DAAP support being built I guess that would be the
way to go in the future. But mean wile I'm doing my first attempts at
php scripts...