[mythtv] MythTranscode backtrace

Oscar Carlsson oscar.carlsson at home.se
Fri Nov 21 17:35:33 EST 2003

Hello Geoffrey,

GH> It means that the commercial cut code i hosing up the recording.  There
GH> are a couple of different possibilities:
GH> 1) Something funky with your mpg (pretty unlikely)
GH> 2) this commercial cut + recording is triggering a weird bug in the
GH> transcoder (does this happen on all recordings or just this one)?

Of  course  I should try with another recording.. But I haven't done that yet, I
could give it a shot tomorrow (have to sit down and make a cutlist).

GH> 3) There's been talk of changing how key frames are handled for mpeg
GH> streams.  I haven't been following it, but if such a thing has happened,
GH> that'd be likely to cause the problem

I don't _think_ any changes of that kind have been done.

GH> 4) Something else has changed recently which is causing failures.

GH> if it is 3 or 4, I should be able to duplicate with my PVR250, and won't
GH> need anything else from you.  I'll try to look at it this weekend.

GH> If you want to be doubly sure, you can email me with ssh/ftp/http option
GH> for getting the mpeg, and I'll do that too (I only need the first couple
GH> hundred megs to test, depending on your commercial-cut values).  i also
GH> need to know what is in the 'recorded' table for this recording (it has
GH> the commercial-cut table).

The last part is easy:

 chanid          starttime       endtime         title           subtitle        description     category        hostname        bookmark        editing         cutlist         autoexpire
    4          20031113210000   20031113215200     24                             ......                            dragon         5373               0             0 - 4693          0
                                                                                                                                                                21613 - 26233
                                                                                                                                                                59617 - 65761
                                                                                                                                                                76957 - 79032

And we'll take the other stuff off-list.

GH> .Geoff

/Oscar