[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Nov 20 00:30:53 EST 2003

Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>I'm wondering if this shouldn't someday be extended to try to get a
>>complete recording for recurring recordings.  Consider the following,
>>for example.
>>
>>Backend starts recording a program.
>>
>>Power goes out shortly afterwards.
>>
>>Power comes back up after the show is over.
>>
>>Backend restarts but won't record a future showing of that episode
>>because it thinks it has already recorded it, even though it was only
>>a partial recording.
>

> This shouldn't happen because the oldrecorded entry isn't put in until
> the recording completes successfully.

True, so this isn't the exact example but I understand and
have also wondered about this. I would expect that most
people would want to rerecord if they started a recording
in progress or the backend restarted in the middle of a
show. Perhaps an episode started late shouldn't be written
to oldrecorded when it finishes.

--  bjm