[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Nov 18 19:05:02 EST 2003

> Modified to use filename using current time when recordings are
>    started late.  This also allows catching the end of a program in a
>    different filename if the backend is restarted during a recording.
>    The scheduler now tweaks the in-memory starttime to match the actual
>    current time when a recording starts.

This works beautifully. Not only in testing but on Sunday
I inadvertently killed a backend in the second hour of a
three hour recording. Once I'd noticed this and restarted
it, both parts were viewable and seeking worked correctly
in both. Thank you, Chris.

There is a new bug possibly related to this and/or some of
the other record status changes.

While nothing is recording, go to the EPG and press "r" to
begin recording a show in progress.

Next go to the Watch Recordings page to verify that the
program is recording and displays the start time for when
it actually started recording.

Next go to the conflicts page. The title of the show that
is recording is marked as being assigned to record on "2"
for the show's original starttime. Adding an overlapping
show with a later starttime would be assigned to "3" even
though there are only two shows to record.

The show is being recorded on card 1 and therefore the
scheduler should not occupy card 2 with the same title.
I imagine that this may be another recstartts and startts
mismatch somewhere.

--  bjm