[mythtv] MythVideo

Johan Bellander johan.bellander at spcs.se
Tue Nov 18 02:28:51 EST 2003

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:29:52 +0100
> Johan Bellander <johan.bellander at spcs.se> wrote:
>
> > Is this something anyone else would like to have or am i aiming for
> > the wrong target, what features would you like to see(in MythVideo
> > that is.. )??
>
> Personally, I'd like to have the ability to browse a directory listing
> and play video files from various filesystems (local HD,
> CD-ROM, network
> mounted, etc), something like how Xine lets one browse the files.  My
> housemates and myself will burn video clips and such to CD-ROM to save
> HD space so being able to point MythVideo to a given
> filesystem without
> having to scan a pre-mounted set of filesystem would be nice.

I see the your point, and i have the same "problem", since i wish to browse
network mounts. I have solved the problem with symbolic links in my movie
directory to the network mounts. But I will give it some though and see if
it can be solved inside MythVideo.

PS. My Poster Browser is working now (Well, it crashes when the movie is
over.. ;-) ) DS

// Johan Bellander