[mythtv] pcHDTV status

John P. Poet john at BlueSkyTours.com
Thu Nov 13 13:56:16 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Doug Larrick wrote:

> On 2003.11.13 13:01, John P. Poet wrote:
>
> > They are about 30 miles away and I have line-of-sight.
> >
> > I was hoping to get away with a standard Radio Shack UHF antenna
> > (Catalog #: 15-2160).  Is there something better?
>
> That's what I have; I'm about 30 miles west of Boston.  Works OK,
> though I want to add another section of mast to mine to raise it
> another 5 feet.

Cool.  I will give that a shot then.  Do you use an RF amplifier?  I will
need to mount the antenna on the back of my house (covenant restrictions),
and then make a 70 foot run with the coax, through the attic.

I have the machine put together but have not loaded any software yet.  I
should be able to get the pcHDTV card first week of December.

Thanks for answering all these questions.  I realize you had to put a lot of
effort into getting this all to work.

John