[mythtv] DVB stuttering problems

matt.jarvis at philips.com matt.jarvis at philips.com
Wed Nov 12 04:16:35 EST 2003

Are you not seeing these problems at all Ed ? I noticed the sampling
frequency change and did wonder if that might have something to do with
it. However, I am more concerned by the messages saying NO LOCK, is this
actually output from the driver or from myth ? I remember a previous post
where Kenneth said that the inability to read the frequency range of the
frontend was a driver issue, not a myth issue. Is this still the case ?
Under the old code I never had problems with lock from the backend, and
changing channels across a mux didn't cause this stuttering so I can't see
how it can be my audio driver as nothing else has changed in my setup.
It's odd that others are also seeing this, particularly as we are not all
in the UK ....

Kenneth : I am using the cvs DVB driver, with latest myth cvs. I did try
to apply your new channel editor patch last night. One of the hunks failed
in libmythtv.pro I think, although the necessary lines were already in
this file. It then fails on compile looking for varsettings.h - have I
missed something here ? I was in a bit of a rush so I may well have ......
that was against mythtv cvs as of last night by the way.

Matt Jarvis