[mythtv] Possible bug when using override with postroll

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Nov 11 23:09:52 EST 2003

> > I'd prefer the filenames and program info displayed when viewing the
> > scheduled recordings to be the actual start/stop times (after applying
> > pre/postroll).  In order for the filenames to match we'd have to have
> > the actual start/stop times in recorded/oldrecorded unless we keep it as
> > it is right now and store the original start/stop times along with the
> > pre/postroll numbers.
>
> Can't we just use the rec* values when inserting into recorded and
> oldrecorded and creating files?

Sure, that would accomplish the same thing as originally intended I think.
We have to make sure that the filename is generated from the rec* times
when recording but since the rec* times are the times in recorded we need
to use the times from there when we generate a filename for playback.
Also need to do it for recordedmarkup as well.

> > I'm wondering if it's best to keep startts/endts as the actual start/stop
> > times and instead of having recstartts/recendts, have
>
> I think it's six of one and half a dozen of the other -- it depends on
> which way you look at it.  If you see a ProgramInfo object as
> scheduled recording or recorded program first, orig* makes sense.
> However, if you see it as program guide entry first, rec* makes sense.

Yeah, programinfo is a program, scheduledreocring is a scheduled reocrding.
When we load a program from the recorded table though, we only have one set
of times and that's the actual times for the recording even though they
were the rec* times originally..

> > Want to have your cake and eat it too huh? :)
>
> You just can't satisfy some people! :)

To use another cooking metaphor, I'd tell him to do it himself, but then
that would be too many cooks in the kitchen and it'd get really hosed. :)

If you don't mind, I'll let you make the above mods so we only have one
person messing with this at a time.  If you'd prefer I did, let me know
and I'll take a look..

--

Chris