[mythtv] DVB

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Tue Nov 11 18:41:07 EST 2003

> > Yep, that's exactly what I'm seeing. It's only in switching channels
> > that you start to get glitches, and only across muxes ( although that
> > also coincides with change from qam_16 to qam_64 in UK ). May well be a
> > configuration issue though - I'm using Ed Wildgoose's settings, maybe Ed
> > can confirm if he sees any of this with latest cvs ? I think he has the
> > same Nova-T as Steve, with the Philips frontend, and he's on the same
> > transmitter I think ...

I think your problem is probably the change in audio sample rate from 32khz to 48 khz.  I think your audio driver for some reason is
not happy to change sample rate and myth has no inbuilt resampling ability...

Not many options, perhaps you could try the Alsa code and use plughw as the output device, this should resample for you, but it's
experimental code and doesn't work for all modules, eg mythmusic

Anyway, certainly an avenue to investigate