[mythtv] Caller ID

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Mon Nov 10 22:17:50 EST 2003

I took a look at the latest CVS code. One more tidbit - someone changed (in
tv_play.cpp)

    int udp_port = gContext->GetNumSetting("UDPNotifyPort", 6948);
    udpnotify = new UDPNotify(this, udp_port);

  int udp_port = gContext->GetNumSetting("UDPNotifyPort");
    if (udp_port > 0)
        udpnotify = new UDPNotify(this, udp_port);
    else
        udpnotify = NULL;

I was using port 6948 as the default unless someone updated the database
settings to provide a different value. I didn't want to change the database
format for the caller id/notify capability. Perhaps Isaac or whomever made
this change went ahead and make the port number configuration via setup. If
so make sure your database includes the UDP Notify Port set to 6948?

Does anyone know where the database gets setup and is a default value being
added for people updating their baseline to the lastest CVS? There should be
a UDPNotifyPort in the mtyhconverg database (settings table)

Perhaps someone needs to do a
'INSERT INTO settings SET value="UDPNotifyPort", data=6948;'

My preference would be to
change
    int udp_port = gContext->GetNumSetting("UDPNotifyPort");
back to
    int udp_port = gContext->GetNumSetting("UDPNotifyPort", 6948);
so it works out of CVS with a 0.12 database.