[mythtv] Swapping Channel Up/Down in Browse mode?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Nov 8 08:57:04 EST 2003

> In TV or browse mode the key mappings are reversed. The Up key moves to
> higher channel numbers. While this seems intuitive for people thinking
> in channel numbers, it's breaking the intuitivity of the ui for people
> thinking in "list" mode.
>
> Is there a configurable option? Is this intended behaviour?
>
> Can you point me to the location of the key definitions for browse/TV
> mode in the source?

I think it's intended.  I hardly ever use the guide or LiveTV, but I wrote
the browse mode code and made it mirror the LiveTV up/down mode.

If you're thinking of submitting a patch for this, make sure it's a
configurable setting since a lot or most people would prefer the current
(up == increase channel number) mode in TV and Browse.

--

Chris