[mythtv] Re: osd problem could be compiler

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Sat Nov 8 01:47:29 EST 2003

>  Hi, I run Gentoo and noticed the OSD problem the other day with CVS.
> The
> current default version of gcc in gentoo is 3.2.3 and I have found the
> problem occurs if you compile cvs with that version. I just did a test
> using
> gcc-3.3.2 to compile and the OSD works correctly with deinterlacing
> enabled.
> Everything else was kept the same. ie cvs version, glibc etc. Seems to
> me
> to be somehow related to the version of gcc.

I'm running RedHat 9 and just update cvs tonight.  None of the osd's
work on live tv or recordings either including the edit bar.  I usually
run the visor theme.  I just updated it tonight to visor-0.12-2.

I ran apt-get dist-upgrade since the last time I upgraded.  This was
the first time I've ever used it.  However, I'm using gcc (GCC) 3.2.2
20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) and I have the osd issue.  I don't
think the compiler version is the issue.  I have the output from the
apt-get update is anyone thinks it will help.  It could be something
else that was just updated.

Vinton