[mythtv] ALSA and PVR-350

Desmond Rivet desmond_rivet at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 10:31:22 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm using MythTV with a PVR-350 and a SBLive5.1. I want to try and get TVout
working on my PVR-350, and digitial out (passthrough) working on the SB, so
that my receiver can automatically switch between the digital SB sound and
the analog PVR-350 sound.

I don't have ALSA, I only have OSS.

My receiver only has optical digital inputs left. I assume I can buy a cable
that will plug into an optical input on my receiver on one end and plug into
the digital out of the SB5.1 on the other end? I don't remember seeing these
at Radio Shack :)

Before I go out and buy some cables, do I have to do anything special
through MythTV to get digital passthrough working on the SBLive5.1? I know I
can choose the sound device through the GUI - is there a seperate digital
device? Or is it just a simple matter of plugging the cable into the jack?
Does the sound output simply go to both the analog and digital outputs at
the same time?

Thanks for any help!

Desmond