[mythtv] Enabling mythtranscoder

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Sat May 31 02:57:06 EDT 2003

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

>Would this be acceptable?  Seems kinda weird to have a control in 'setup'
>without being able to use it without code changes.

geoffrey, i'm working on many updates to the transcoder, it had a few
problems with it, as well as some enhancements that were needed.  i'm
just wrapping up the changes to support hardware encoded to
mpeg-4/rtjpeg, and then can start working on converting from mpeg-4 and
rtjpeg.  it shouldn't be too much more difficult, now that i have the
structure i need, although the handling of 'raw' stuff is handled quite
differently for some reason, so it may give me trouble.

anyway, its being worked on.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();