[mythtv] re: conflict resolution vs priorities

Jeff Nuckles coincapital at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 21:49:57 EDT 2003

I agree that it is a preference thing, and I guess
I've just been spoiled by my ReplayTV. It only has 2
priorities "Guaranteed" and "Not Guaranteed" but its
atleast something.

I gave this a little more thought today and i came to
realize that the current method of conflict resolution
would still be partially neccessary even with a
priority based system. After all, what happens if
there are 2 tuners and 3 things are on all marked at a
priority of 10? What gets recorded?

I also thought about the list showing all programs
that should be recorded (like the scheduled recordings
list in mythweb) that could be ordered to visually
show priorty and avoid the arbitrary number system as
someone else suggested earlier.

So its not 90%, but when i looked at the code all i
could see was conflictGuess this and Conflict prune
that. It just seemed like a lot to me.

At least I got a disscussion started on something that
was irking me. :)

Jeff