[mythtv] Removing scheduled recordings

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed May 28 11:12:41 EDT 2003

Okay, I've re-synched the patch.  It's as follows:

New column PROGRAM.OVERRIDESUPPRESSION:

0/NULL:
Default behavior -- detect duplicates & suppress automatically

'1':
Do not flag this showing as a duplicate, even if it's in the oldrecorded
table

'2':
Flag this showing as a duplicate, even if it's not in the oldrecorded table

New column RECORD.IGNOREDUPLICATES:

0/NULL:
Default behavior, automatic duplicate detection

'1':
Do not flag any instances of this program as duplicates

The program.overridesuppression column is useful for un-suppressing or
force-suppressing a single showing of a program.  The
record.ignoreduplicates is useful for turning off duplicate suppression for
an entire scheduled recording (useful for series that have identical
subtitle & description for every episode)

IMHO, this approach is better than deleting records from the oldrecorded
table as it allows you to 'undo' an override simply by resetting the flag
back to '0'.  It can easily be hooked in to the UI you've constructed.

-JAC