[mythtv] Re: mythweb rewrite

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Sun May 25 01:05:03 EDT 2003

On Friday 23 May 2003 10:04 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:

> Anyway, I've been poking around in the mythweb code, and see all kinds
> of places where I can make improvements to this - particularly with the
> addition of css and some basic javascript, though also with some
> reorganization..  Wanted to check in with you two before I went ahead

Improve away. I'm up to my eyeballs with a mythmusic GUI rewrite. Am planning
on getting back to MythWeb at some point, but more than happy to have someone
else working on it.

On the complexity/javascript thing, I'd really like to see mythweb develop the
notion of a user/view and use cookies to persist the user/view identifier on
a per browser ID basis. That way, I can still see the listings on my Zauraus,
but they could be really tricked out on my desktop (same DB data, same
mythweb code, just a different id cookie). Been thinking about doing this for
quite a while, but have note had time to get to it.

- thor