[mythtv] Internal error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat May 24 07:21:00 EDT 2003

You replied to me (bug 194513), but sent it to 194505 and 194345, not
194513. Was that intentional?

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>reassign 194505 g++-3.3

This also happens with gcc, as noted.

>X-Debbugs-CC header

OK.

>This is gcc getting killed by the OOM killer.

I guessed something like that.

>How much memory do you have?

1GB, but I just saw that I had an xemacs process eating 500 MB RAM, so I
had about 40-100 MB "free" plus 190 MB "cached". After killing that
process, I have 612 MB RAM "free" plus 190 MB "cached", and it now works
with 3.3. Watching |top|, it needs

    * 190 MB for dsputil.c
    * 270 MB for recordingprofile.cpp, globalsettings.cpp and a few
      other files
    * 225 MB for scheduledrecording.cpp

This sounds excessive to me, see below.

>I reliably get very high memory usage on globalsettings.cpp in mythtv.

Strange, it seems that 3.2.3 now died there as well.

MythTV compiles just fine under 3.2.3 on another machine with only 128
MB RAM and in use.