[mythtv] compilation error

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Tue May 20 20:53:20 EDT 2003

It's currently a chore to compile on SuSE 8.2 as it uses GCC 3.3 which
is not yet official. If you have the option of compiling on, say, SuSE
8.1 and then copy it to SuSE 8.2, that will work fine, but most of the
modules won't compile presently on SuSE 8.2.

mythtv can be brought to work, but you need to fix a Makefile in
libavcodec to not include -fPIC (it shouldn't be there at all, but it
seems there's a bug in the Qt library as shipped by SuSE...)

Hope that helps you. I had a hard time with this a few months ago.

/Martin.

Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>