[mythtv] NuppelVideo(Recorder/Player)

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Sun May 18 22:18:59 EDT 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 12:48:25PM -0400, Craig Longman wrote:
> i wonder though, i've been thinking about mythmkmovie, and wonder if it
> wouldn't be better to work with that.  i guess i should take a look at
> that project (which already does all the cutlist stuff, iirc).

As Isaac noted, you would lose the playback ability from MythTV.
However, it DOES work when doing a playback from mythvideo (and yes,
I've done that).

I'm still working on my mythrecode, and have come up with a way which
will work. Of course, I'm still in a pre-0.1 stage, as I'm just doing an
info gathering program (and one of the first things I did was to change
to a significantly faster frame count gethering method. From 10 seconds
to 0.1 seconds with my new method, as opposed to the current mencoder
-ovc copy method I use now).

Still, one item I'm missing, and I just haven't found it yet, is where
the aspect is stored in the file. Could somebody point to that location
(I'm asking before having done deep scans of the file, I admit)? I'm
still bootstrapping myself into mythcode a bit, and need some pointers
here and there (preferably non-NULL ones).

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net