[mythtv] DirecTV PPV Listings in XML format

Tarek Lubani tarek at tarek.2y.net
Sun May 18 01:22:23 EDT 2003

Hey guys!

Almost immediately after the last release, i got to work on one that would
turn the directv ppv information into an XML file, since mythfilldatabase
can handle these things from a file (who knew?).. Anyhow, this should be a
*good* thing, since it becomes useful not only to mythtv folk, but to
*everybody*..

Download:

http://tarek.2y.net/myth/mythgetppv.pl (the old one is also there if you
prefer it)

Suggested run sequence:

#!/bin/bash
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
rm /tmp/mythfile
/usr/bin/mythgetppv.pl
/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase
/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 5 8 /tmp/mythfile --update
exit 0

----
This is where "5" is the "sourceid" and 8 is the number of days that the
tv_grab_na gets, so we're trying to keep it consistent.. One suggestion
could be to comment out the PPV channels from the tv_grab_na configuration
file, so that the mythfilldatabase doesn't waste its time downloading that
information..

No doubt we'll discover much in the next little while.. All feedback welcome

tarek : )