[mythtv] Problem with DVB Mpeg stream in nuv file

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Tue May 6 23:57:26 EDT 2003

Isaac (and anyone else who is interested)

I am testing Ben's patches for recording DVB in myth.  It seems to record
programs correctly (I think), but playback of the recorded file has
something badly wrong with it.  Basically, the CPU usage is very high, the
framerate drops dramatically, the picture breaks up and also the aspect
ratio is wrong (it stretches it to fill the screen, rather than using
704x576) - oh and the sound is a good bit ahead of the video and breaks up.

Now, the peculiar thing is that the file plays back fine in mplayer, and
also in windows XP (I never realised that Windows Media player could play
back nuv files...).  However, mplayer plays back with the correct aspect
ratio, but windows uses a square type aspect ratio like myth, however, the
quality and sound are fine on both

I have uploaded a few seconds of test file at
http://www.wildgooses.com/ringbuf1.nuv

Could you please take a look at it and see if there is anything obvious
which stands out.  I'm wondering if there might be something obvious such as
wrong colourspace, or some other encoding problem that might stand out...

Any other ideas to debug this very welcome...!

Thanks all

Ed