[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] mythtv forgets to tune in the right channel before recording or livetv

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon May 5 23:21:18 EDT 2003

I'm double posting this to the dev group because I think it more belongs
there.

I too have seen this.  Using the CVS from Sunday (after the restoral)
I started noticing it can't change channels with Live TV.  What
I at first thought was only a problem with Live TV, I found out
today that even programed recordings its unable to change
channels.  For example I set it to record ABC 8-10 tonight.
After the show I went to watch it and while it described
the ABC show, etc..  It actually recorded NBC.  The same
station it seems to be stuck on while watching Live TV.

One more minor complaint with this version over the
last mid-April one I've used for 3 weeks, I guess I really
prefer the old Program Guide format.  While the new one
looks sharper visually, it doesn't make near as good of
screen real estate usage, uses smaller unadjustable fonts,
and can't show as many programs/stations on the screen
at once.  I really hate to rain on someones hard work, but
I prefer the old one...  Maybe I'm the only one...
(BTW, I'm viewing it at about 12 feet to a 43" TV).

Thanks
Brian