[mythtv] MythMkMovie

bertusmedia at hotmail.com bertusmedia at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 04:04:21 EDT 2003

Thanks for such a nifty script, or should I say program!

I've been playing a little bit with through the weekend and I like what I'm

getting so far.

I have a few questions about resolution though. I have originally set my

capture resolution to 480x480 and I can't find a way directly to resize the

final avi to a more reasonable 320x240. Is there any way to indicate mkmovie

a different resolution?

I tried changing my capture resolution to 320x240 and the script gets stuck

before the actual movie conversion (when putting together the black frames I

think). Did anybody else experience this? I played changing the compression

method to MPeg4 from RJpg, so maybe that was the problem...don't know.

Another thing I found, and I see more people complaining about the same in

the list, is that if I set my capture to be 640x480 Myth still captures at

480x480, any reason for that? Is it hardware?

Looking forward to your answers, and on the meantime: thanks!

Roberto